Located in Mid-Santa Cruz County, Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary School's reputation has been built on strong academic progress, extra-curricular activities, special needs programs, and a dedicated faculty. In addition to these attributes, Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary School prides itself on its high rate of parent involvement. The student population is approximately 330 students with enrollment increasing yearly.
Attention SCG parents:
Pages and PJ's in the news this week!
Click here to read the article by Superintendent Castaniada, describing our recent
Pages & PJ's event celebrating the love of reading.
Attendance Poster awards
Congratulations to the following student artists, whose winning posters depict the importance of regular daily attendance:
Sidney Aratin, Daniel Cruz, Annalicia Gomez, Laurel Grisham, Ruben Marcus, Trisha Quintero, Leilani Renda, Lily Richards, and Cody Wilson
Reclassified Fluent English Proficient
We are very proud of following students who will be celebrated at an assembly on Friday, 4/11 at 9am for their achievement in reclassifying as Fluent English Proficient. It is a powerful thing to be in command of two languages, and we applaud their efforts and their family's support.
Anahi Barroso, Adrian Contreras, Isaac Gonzales, Jonathan Hernandez, Brigida Medina, Aime Napoles, David Rivera Ascencio, Ricardo Rodriguez, Natalie Saucedo, and Keithlyn Valdez
- Fri, 4/11 - 9am - RFEP Assembly and sing-along - MU Room
- Sat, 4/12 - 5:30pm - Spring Benefit Auction - Temple Beth El, Aptos
- Mon, 4/14 - Cartooning classes begin (primary grades)
- Tues, 4/15 - 6:30pm - H&S Club meeting - Library
- Wed, 4/16 - 6:00pm - Board Meeting - District Office
- Tues, 4/22 - 5:30pm - Parenting workshop "Como Criar Hijos Seguros y Capaces" - Library
- Fri, 4/25 - Spirit dress-up day - "Twin Day"
- Sat, 4/26 - 9am - Community Work Day and Beautification at SCG
Click here for information about our upcoming Triple P parenting seminar, Raising Resilient Children, May 6, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Read the current Dolphin Dispatch, SCG's weekly newsletter
Adobe Reader is available here.